Following is the complaint form used by the Department of Commerce and Insurance, Division of Regulatory Boards.

This Board was created to enforce the law and rules governing architects, engineers, landscape architects and registered interior designers. To protect the public health, safety, and welfare, licensees who fail to follow the law and rules of the profession are subject to disciplinary action.

The Board cannot recover or order the refund of any money or property to which you may be entitled. You should consult with your own attorney about a lawsuit in these matters. In some cases, the Board may revoke or suspend the license of the person against whom you are complaining (the respondent).

When the Board receives your complaint, it will be initially reviewed to determine if there is a possibility of imminent danger to the health, safety and welfare to the public. If there is, then this complaint will be forwarded directly to the Board’s legal counsel. If not, a copy of this complaint will then be sent to the respondent asking for his or her response within 14 business days. The complaint and the response will be forwarded to the Board’s legal counsel for review. If additional information is necessary an investigation will be initiated. The Board’s legal counsel will present the findings to the Board, which has the sole authority to determine the appropriate action. You will be notified of the Board’s decision.

If the Board conducts a formal hearing in the matter, you may be subpoenaed to testify.

Click here for printable version

On-Line Consumer Complaint Form
(* denotes required field)

Tennessee Board of Architectural and Engineering Examiners Date Filed
*Mailing Address
*City, State, Zip
*Telephone Number
Email Address
Are you  licensed by this State Board? Yes No
If YES, give license Number
Street Address
*City, State, Zip
Telephone Number
Please provide the following information.
Name of Your Employer
Employer's Address
Street Address City State Zip
Your Business Phone

Pursuant to TCA Title 47, Chapter 18, the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act, you may want to file a complaint with the Division of Consumer Affairs, 5th Floor, 500 James Robertson Parkway, Nashville, Tennessee 37243. (615-741-4737) or (800-342-8385)

Form IN-0759 (Rev. 3/88)



Give a complete statement of the facts, with dates. You may also be asked to provide originals of all documents that will support your allegations. You should retain copies.

Other persons with firsthand knowledge of your complaint:

Mailing Address City State Zip
Home Phone Business Phone
Mailing Address City State Zip
Home Phone Business Phone
Have you consulted an attorney? Yes No
If YES, please provide the following:
Street Address City State Zip
By submitting this information, I hereby attest to the accuracy or truthfulness of the content. I agree.

*Signature  (Please type your name)     *Date   


Department Of Commerce and Insurance
Board of Architectural and Engineering Examiners
500 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-1142
Phone: 615-741-9771
Toll-Free: 800-256-5758
Fax: 615-532-9410